Adleyfishes

Ardent C-Force Handle

I recently purchased an Ardent C-Force and when I go to spin the handle it stops very suddenly and after about 3 rotations tops. I opened her up and greased and oiled the bearings still have the same problem. The reel still free spools for about 7 seconds but the handle won’t cooperate when I spin it. Any ideas?

Does it cast and retrieve normally?  If so, why does it matter?  I mean, you don't do that when your actually fishing.

That’s why I didn’t return it but it sounds dry when I do reel in, and in Iowa we’ve had snow lately so I put up all the rods.

Sounds normal to me.  Being a new reel the tolerances are a bit tight.  Some of the smoothest and refined feeling reels I have were tight like that out of the box and freed up over time with use  like the Alphas and Ryoga/LIN 10.  Some of the more free reels felt sloppy and got more sloppy with use even if the handle could free spin forever such as the Tatula.  I have come to prefer tight and refined smooth reels over free handle spinning sloppy feeling smooth reels.

Tackle snob problems.  Just fish it.