CybrSlydr

Gonna try for some Steelhead on Saturday

Haven't been fishing for them in almost a year and with my finals over for the semester on Thursday, Saturday sounds like as good a day as any to head north.

Currently looking at the Vermilion river at Jerusalem road.

45565080014_fb23ebcb1e_o.jpg

It's about a 3hr drive.  Weather looks to be high in the low 40s and the river is currently around 125cfs.  Optimum is between 100 and 250.  Figure if I leave around 8am or so, get me there a little after 11, if there's ice, it should be melted off by the sun by then.  Pick up some salmon hooks and spawn sacs somewhere up north and I should be good to go!

Fingers crossed - I've never caught a steelhead before.

Based on the flow, that sounds like a smaller trib.  I know just this week, a buddy up in Cleveland had to abandon the smaller tribs he prefers to fish the big river, which was the only thing open.  The good news is, everything is either steady fishing or on fire.  Good luck and get some chrome!

• Like 1

Ashtabula River is still moving north of the drawbridge and I've seen people fishing there everyday I go into the harbor area for lunch.  I don't know if they are catching anything as this place is to cold for me, but there is plenty of parking and room to fish.  Luckily I'm done with the project up here next week and headed home to Florida.