Jazzybass

Rod Option- Recommendations Requested

Holiday Greetings, fellow anglers-

I'm trying to decide on a course of action.  With a Bass Pro Shops gift card, I want to take advantage of the annual Feb. trade-in sale and purchase a new rod. I'll probably trade in an Ugly Stick.

Here's the situation: Among my equipment collection are 2 MH Veritas rods and a ML Berkley Lightning rod.   I just bought a M, fast tip Dobyns Fury.  Used it once for about an hour in a pond and it seems like a very good choice.

Targeted fish are spotted and LM bass.

What I want to know from my learned peers is the following:  Should I replace one of the Veritas rods or the Berkley rod?  I will use the ML for drop shotting/shaky head  and the MH for Texas rigs and skirted/non-skirted jigs.

I never see the Berkley rods listed among the better equipment, but the Veritas seems to be popular in its price range.

I'm looking in the $100-$150 range and it seems like the better choices are 1) another Fury, 2) St. Croix Mojo Bass rod or a Fenwick HMG or Fenwick Elite Tech.    Thanks in advance for your help.   Here's to a great year of fishing for all of us!

I am not sure but I don't think BPS carries Dobyns Rods But they do carry Shimano. If you can get by without the card T/W had Dobyns Sierra Rods at a excellent price in the 25 days of Christmas sale.

With the gift card, I and $20 trade-in sale, I'm locked in with BPS.   Wish I had seen the TW sale before I got the Fury.   Tactical Bassin' guys praise the one on sale over the Fury.   I will look at St. Croix and Fenwick too.  Thanks for taking time to respond, SCbassin. 

If you already have them fish them. When your completely ready to upgrade then the st. Croix mojo bass is an excellent stick for the money with great blanks. I have an avid x and it has the same blank. Loads of power, great sensitivity. I also have the Dobyns Sierra and for the money they are right now at tw it is a wicked rod! Superb balance, great sensitivity for the money as well! Like this rod a lot. Just personally haven’t had the best of luck with Fenwick rods so can’t pass on positive feedback