hwright38

Fantasista Premier VS Villain 2.0? Worth the $$$

Hello,

Does anyone have any input as to whether or not the Fantasista Premier is worth the extra $100 over the Villain 2.0? I've got a 7' MH Villain right now, and the thing easily my favorite rod. I'm wondering if I should buy another Villain (was thinking either a 7' M, another 7' MH, or a 7'3" MH) or jump up to the Fantasista Premier (in the same lengths/powers). 

Anyone with experience using the Premier would be very helpful in deciding.

Thank you.

Let me start off by saying that I know nothing about the Villain.   Until last year, 'best' Abu rod I ever had was a spinning Vendetta....which I love, by the way. 

I got a Fantasista BC (7'MF) last year and I really like it. My perspective is tempered by the fact that I paid well under $200 new.  I wouldn't recommend it at $400....but at $160, it's a good deal.

31 minutes ago, Choporoz said:

Let me start off by saying that I know nothing about the Villain.   Until last year, 'best' Abu rod I ever had was a spinning Vendetta....which I love, by the way. 

I got a Fantasista BC (7'MF) last year and I really like it. My perspective is tempered by the fact that I paid well under $200 new.  I wouldn't recommend it at $400....but at $160, it's a good deal.

That falls in line with what I've heard too. The Premier is "only" $300, but the one other person I've even see that has one says they're not worth it over the Villian.

Also, until I built my custom spinning rod, a first gen vendetta was my absolute favorite spinning rod. The thing is a beast for $70.