Abu Garcia Villain 2.0 vs Shimano Zodias   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better for spinner baits?

• Shimano Zodias
    • Abu Garcia Villain 2.0

Two rods, same price point, different brand, both kinda look a like.. Which one is better for spinnerbaits and 3.8 - 5 inch soft plastic swimbaits?

I have both, the zodias is a 6,10 med fast and the villain 2.0 is a 7,3 med by fast. The villain feels more like a heavy power rod but still light in the hands, the zodias has nice accents being red and black. I cant really compare the two together because they are two totally different rods size, power and action wise but if I had to choose I'd go with the villain because of the warranty.

Tackle Tour rated the Villain higher if that means anything to you. The main factor was sensitivity was better on the Villain 2.0.

I do not like the grip on the zodias very much, but love the feel of the Villain. That's personal preference of course, but something to consider.

The Villain does run like a half-power heavier than stated (so a MH is actually about half way between a MH and H). I'll vote Villain all day, everyday, though they're probably about even for what you're planning on doing.