I'm still fairly new to xf rods. I like my st croix LTW 63 mlxf and 63 mxf for jigging. The feel and sensitivity is amazing but I don't love how they fight fish. Maybe they are a bit short or stout for MY preference but I'm keeping them.

My LTB 610mlxf im on the fence. I have a stradic 3000 on it. The fk I think. I don't know if the rod doesn't balance, or it's the reel or what. I feel the rod is either too fast for me, or the transition into the backbone of the rod is too stiff "for me". Not bashing st croix at all. Just learning my preference maybe. Would the 69mlxf be better?

I really like my elite tech 7mf, for general stuff. I also like my elite tech 610mlxf, but it's either not xf like my st croix, or it just has a softer transition to backbone. Haven't tried it for DS yet.

My dobyns champion 705CB for med cranks is great. 

Have a 7ft MF aetos and 7ft MF avid x casting I haven't tried either yet really. Thoughts on those for general single hook tactics?

So, not sure if I don't care for xf, or if I prefer a softer backbone. That LTB 610 is baffling me.

St.Croix are known to fish stiffer. If it is still in the lure wt range you fish, you could go down in power. Otherwise you might check other brands.

I own a few Aetos and they are my favorites followed by Elite Techs and then come the St.Croix Mojo Bass (2 models)

I don't care for extra fast rods at all.  I like the rod tip to have a bit of bend to it.  Combine a stout rod with an extra fast tip and you have a pool cue.  Sounds like this is what you are describing.

Since there is no standard between manufacturers on what constitutes rod power and action for a rod, I seldom buy a rod without seeing it in person.  Half the time I do, I regret it.

St. Croix has a reputation for being a tad on the stout side, but I wouldn't necessarily say that is true among all their rods.  The Mojo Bass line is a good example.  To me, their ratings are what I would expect.

If you want a rod with a little more give, try one with a fast or mod-fast tip.

To make things more confusing, one manufacturer's med heavy moderate fast may behave just like another's medium extra fast and so on.  It can be an endless web of confusion.  For this reason, I handle a rod before I buy it, or be fully prepared to return it if it isn't what I want.

35 minutes ago, LionHeart said:

I don't care for extra fast rods at all.  I like the rod tip to have a bit of bend to it.  Combine a stout rod with an extra fast tip and you have a pool cue.  Sounds like this is what you are describing.

Since there is no standard between manufacturers on what constitutes rod power and action for a rod, I seldom buy a rod without seeing it in person.  Half the time I do, I regret it.

agreed.  I dont think there is even any consistency between lines in a manufacturer.  

I have a st croix 610MLXF and a 610MXF and i rarely use either one.  I prefer the 70MLF and 66MF over the XF rods

Maybe you would like something like the ALX Zolo Trickster.  Should have a softer tip.