CroakHunter

Kentucky Lake Mid April

Have a 5 day weekend from the 11th to the 15th of April. Wife says I need to take a 2 day trip somewhere. North end of kentucky lake is only 2.5 hrs away. Am I worng in thinking that the fish should be moved up and  close if not starting to spawn. Thinking a lot of spinnerbait, chatterbaits, jigs, flipping baits. If so I would like to go down there if you think it will be more of a cranking or off shore type of bite I don't think I would enjoy it as much and may look into other lakes. Just lookingbfor advice/info. We will be in a 21ft stratos with a 225 so mobility throughout the lake isnt a problem. 

We usually go around the 3rd week and sometimes we are a little early it seems and sometimes late, depends on the weather between now and then of course. I've seen it lights out on south Barkley and buddies fishing up north end up moving down with us the next day. Sometimes it's just the opposite. From April 11th to 15th, I'd be thinking south Barkley secondary points on an average year I guess.