Well I'm going to Chesdin tomorrow with the wife and give it a try. My buddy and I put in at the dam yesterday to get his new transducer fine tuned for his side scan. The water level is down to normal pool but it is still muddy near the dam we went in Whippnock creek and Cattle creek the water clarity was better but still pretty stained about 12 to 14 inches of visible. We are going to put in at Lake Chesdin Campground and head up into the old river and try our luck depending on water clarity.

Richard, please continue this post and let us know how you did.

I would have thought the water clarity would be better since we have not had a lot of rain the past week.

The water clarity up the river was alot better we started at the swamp, didn't go up into the swamp there was already 4 boats in there that we could see so we head up the river. We fished for about four and a half hours ended with 3 large mouth, 1 spotted bass, 1 small mouth bass and one pike all in all not bad for 48° stained water. However I should have muscled my way in the swamp the three guys that trailed at the end of the day when we did had a great day, well one of the guys on the boat the other two I think was along for the ride. They landed 25 the best five was about 22lbs two was over 6lbs. He said the water temperature was between 52 and 55.

I'm hoping to get back out there Sunday. 

• Like 1

Good report.

Give the swamp a shot but be careful going in and coming out.