Ozark Trail Lures

Tyler.

Anyone seen these at your local Walmart? Bought this tonight and a couple of lipless crankbaits awhile ago. 

Anyone had had any luck with these?

E8E2BC93-64FD-4CBD-B905-971D5849D722.thumb.jpeg.b81996ba56fd78db7134aacf834d1282.jpeg

I haven't used the rooster tail, but have used the lipless cranks...I was surprised at the quality for the price. I think the cranks came in a two pack for $1.98. They aren't going to last forever and the hooks were weak, but they caught fish. I also really like the braid scissors I picked up from them for $2-$3. 

• 7 months later...

Hope this thread isn't too old, I found it on a web search.

I used Ozark Trail baits to make a barbless tackle box. I use them in my other boxes too, but it was a really cheap way to be legal at the one set of ponds near me that requires barbless. I pre-pinched every bait, jig and hook in the box.

I have 4 or 5 cranks, a frog and maybe a popper or two, all for less than $2 each. They have 3500 and 3600 (I think) Plano boxes for $2.88 and $3.60. 

Found some mushroom head jigs with weed guards for $2+ for 5, bullet weights for $1 a bag, and cheap Arkie hooks. Add a few Beetle Spins and some Zoom Flukes for $3.50 a bag, some stick worms would be good too, and you're good to go.

About the spinners in the OP, I've had one not spin very well, but they're good for the most part. I may use them too slow too. What are they like $1? Lipless's are good, I lose them just fine! 

Problem is they only sell the hardbaits in one Walmart out of the many near me. Thankfully it's the closest one, but you can order them online.

I hate Walmart but I go there for cheap gear. I'd compare the quality of the cranks to the BPS branded ones, at least the hardware and action. Paint jobs are few and so-so. The frog probably won't last through many fish but the hooks seem good, and I did catch a big bullfrog with it. Was weird.

The have some jerk baits in there now too.

Caught a 5-pounder with a barbless crank. The bait survived fine.