bayvalle

KK Royale Legend vs Piscifun Torrent

I picked up a couple of both of these reels for some real world testing. IMHO the Torrent was significantly better overall. The Royal Legend cast further but had more problems with backlash and the spool tensioner loosening during multiple casting. The Torrent has a clicking spool tensioner knob which is more exact for adjusting and holds the tension better. In my hands the Torrent was easier to cast and had a more solid feel (thumb bar, handle, brake adjustment). I also picked up the Phantom x and the Phantom which I am going to test against the KastKings in the similar price range. I have Shimano, Diawa, and Pflueger and my opinion is these entry level KastKing and Piscifun reels offer a good value at their price point.

Were you using the royal legend or royal legend elite. They are 2 totally different reels. Royal legend is a bargain reel.

I don't put much stock in any companies bargain reels.

I own several diawa tatula and revo sx reels. If setup correctly the royal legend elite is comparable to both in performance. From my own experience the kastking needs a little more spool tensioning than some other reels.

Once setup it will outcast my other more expensive reels. After thousands of casts I have never had the spool tensioner come loose.

This was not the Elite. I was comparing both companies entry-level reels. As I mentioned I will be moving up to test each companies $50 to $70 reels.

• Like 1