TxHawgs

Anyone Own Any Of These Rods?

I'm going to buy a dedicated chatterbait rod. I'm currently using a Loomis GLX MH MOD-FAST but want something heavier. I narrowed it down to these 3 and was looking for anyone that owns any for suggestions or thoughts. Loomis IMX PRO 7' H MOD-FAST, Diawa Tatula Elite Randy Howell 7'4" MH MOD-FAST, and Shimano Expride MH MOD Glass. The Diawa and Shimano are MH but are rated for more lure weight than the rodin using and think they will fish as a rod with more back bone? Also dont know how heavy the Expride will be compared to the other 2 being that its glass? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

I haven't used any of those rods, but for chatterbaits I prefer a fast action rod over a mod-fast. You don't need to worry about ripping trebles out with a chatterbait, and they have those big jig hooks to drive home.

Hearing about how they fish, an Expride fishes pretty much exactly like most other MH rods. I have no idea if the glass one will fish with chatterbaits though.

I use the Daiwa Tatula Glass 7'2" MH/R rod for chatterbaits often. It works very well for chatterbaits up to 1/2oz as long as you give it a good sweeping hookset. If you fish primarily a 1/2oz chatterbait with a 4.8" Keitech trailer, you may prefer a MH/F, but as long as I'm paying attention I have no issues on the MH/MF glass rod. It also makes a great all-around moving bait stick as it's a pefect spinnerbait rod and has enough bend in the tip to be used with deep divers or square bills (especially around cover where you want a quicker rebound).

I have no experience with rods stated above but my favorite chatterbait rod is a Kistler KLX Feel n Reel 7 6'11" MH. It gives you the best of both worlds with glass and graphite mixture

Yea I'm a CBR guy when it comes to fishing chatterbaits for several reasons. I'm in TX and catch a lot of nice fish on them. Was just trying to see if anyone had any of the rods mentioned above to help me decide on one. I got to hold the Diawa the other day and have ruled it out. Will probably order the other 2 from TW decide on one and send the other back.