MattDuprau

Autochart Pro Benefits(?)

Hey BassResource family,

I've ran Helix 10 G2N's for the past two years. In this time frame, I have utilized Autochart Live to it's full potential, which in turn has actually been a key factor in winning a few offshore tournaments. For those familiar with autochart, there is also a program you can buy (Autochart Pro), which allows you to upload your recorded data to the program. This was very beneficial for units with Autochart capabilities, but I see no benefit for Autochart LIVE units, which already display the recorded information on the unit itself (Helix series). So what I am wondering is, if there are any benefits to buying the software, and if so, what are they?! It would be a great way to organize and sort all my map data, but I can't justify spending that amount of money for that reason only.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! I looked all over the web and the information is scarce. 

Thanks a lot,

Matt

The product description states that it offers two benefits over Autochart,  bottom hardness and side imaging mosaic.  My Solix units have these features built in.  If yours does also then I don’t think it gives you anything you don’t already have.  I do not own Autochart Pro so I could be missing something.

Yes Helix units have bottom hardness and vegetation built in. The side imaging mosaic is a Solix-only compatible feature. I agree, unless I am missing something I dont see why it would be useful! 

• Like 1