TxHawgs

Alpha Angler Wrench Spinning Rod

Needed a spinning rod and gonna try out the one mentioned above. 7' M F blank by NFC

Un painted high end guides and a EVA foam split grip. Had 2 NRX spinning rods the 822 and 823 and sold them. Didn't want to spend $500 on a MB to throw around as a co angler.  Will get it this Friday if anyone wants a report.

Recieved the rod today and its absolutely amazing, as far as fit, finish, weight and the action I was looking for in a floor bend test. But will put a bend in her Monday on Fork. I dont know of a rod that would beat it at $300 but I'm open to suggestions. I want a 7'4 or 7'6 ML spinning rod. I think the Diawa Tatula Elite might come close to this and they offer it in the 7'6.

I have the Slasher Jerk bait stick ~ 

Totally Love It.

Consider providing an email to them and get on 'the list'.

They offer limited run / quantities of specialty rods not available any other way except through the link they send you.

Some very cool, & specific builds have come out recently but they go Really Quick.

So if you see something you like - Jump on it.

Good Luck

:smiley:

A-Jay

Thanks man, already been on it. Yea gonna pick up some specific rods n the jerkbait rod is on the list. For jerkbaits and my yellow magics, yea boi! On Fork tomorrow. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 8:06 AM, A-Jay said:

I have the Slasher Jerk bait stick ~ 

Totally Love It.

Consider providing an email to them and get on 'the list'.

They offer limited run / quantities of specialty rods not available any other way except through the link they send you.

Some very cool, & specific builds have come out recently but they go Really Quick.

So if you see something you like - Jump on it.

Good Luck

:smiley:

A-Jay

@A-Jay think I'm gonna pick up a slasher. U throw 110s on yours? What r u using for a 1.5 SB rod? Need one, a shorter rod and short grip for accurate casting.

3 minutes ago, TxHawgs said:

@A-Jay think I'm gonna pick up a slasher. U throw 110s on yours? What r u using for a 1.5 SB rod? Need one, a shorter rod and short grip for accurate casting.

Yes Slasher is my go to 110 stick.  I throw 1.5's on either the 7' or the 7'4" KVD MH Composite cranking rod.  Both are killer with 15-20 Tatsu.  Guess the 7' would be what you're looking for.

A-Jay