We all love to catch good size fish. That's what many of us strive for in bass fishing. This doesn't always happen of course, but sometimes the day can still be fun with numbers of smaller bass. My own most memorable day happened several years ago, with suspended bass. These have always been the hardest for me to catch consistently. I tried crankbaits, traps, and blade baits with no luck. Putting on a 4" plastic worm with 1/8 oz sinker, I caught 16 bass in one and a half hours. As long as I could count down to the correct depth and reel very slowly, the bass would hit. When it stopped, it stopped for good. Last summer, my grandson caught 14 bass in a little over an hour on a rage tail menace grub, rigged on a 1/8 oz shakey head. He was fishing a drop off. Each time he pulled this bait over the drop off, he got a strike. It was a huge confidence builder for him, and now the menace grub has become a favorite for both of us. What are some of you memorable days with numbers of fish? Catching bass of all sizes is in. Sometimes the smaller bass save the day.

• Like 1

I was float fishing the Shenandoah river just outside of Woodstock, Va. My little brother and I were in a canoe together for the last float of the trip. (5 days staying with an uncle and aunt) We went on an afternoon float, we put in around 2 with the hopes of getting off the water around dark. My brother was bound and determined to beat my cousin and his son with their record of 116 fish in one outing, for anyone who is curious the Shenandoah is chock full of various sunfish and more 8-12in smallies than you can shake a stick at, (on a 3 or 4 hour float 50-60 fish arent uncommon with two people in a canoe.) The float we were on we had an amazing time, we saw three black bears, some deer and a golden eagle.(which I've only been blessed to see once before.) We had a pretty average day leading up to the final 2 hours or so, our clicker was at 69 fish (if memory serves correctly) and we still had at least another hour and a half left. the sun was just falling behind the mountains as we pulled up to one of my favorite rapids to fish. we both had on Mister twister grubs, he had white and I was using black. At the rapid we caught somewhere between 10-15 fish and we were getting closer to the mark we were shooting for, we continued on down the river just fan casting and every time he would hook up I would drop anchor and get my camera out and take pics of him fighting the fish and landing it. I informed my brother that we had around 30 mins to fish so he better catch the fish we needed, I honestly didnt think we would catch the fish we needed to beat the record as we were on a historically slow producing section of river for me. That little guy fished so hard and with the last bits of light falling he caught the last two fish that we needed that put the new record at 117. As an older brother just being able to watch him catch his fish and the smile on his face when I let him click the button for the 117th time is an amazing memory to be able to look back on.

• Like 4