Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Who on this site admits to using the Neko Rig as their "PRIMARY" bottom contact technique last season or plans to this coming season?

 

oe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you mean a nail weight wacky rigged worm I have been fishing them for several decades.

Senko can be a soft jerk bait or a fat salted worm take your choice.

Neko is a new name for a old rig, I use during slow bite times, it’s like watching grass grow.

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WRB said:

If you mean a nail weight wacky rigged worm I have been fishing them for several decades.

Senko can be a soft jerk bait or a fat salted worm take your choice.

Neko is a new name for a old rig, I use during slow bite times, it’s like watching grass grow.

Tom

Tom, these days of the internet and social media, somebody is usually quick to rename an "old school" rig.  I would have guessed your primary bottom contact bait to be a skirted jig.

 

oe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, OkobojiEagle said:

Who on this site admits to using the Neko Rig as their "PRIMARY" bottom contact technique last season or plans to this coming season?

I do.  I tried it for the first time a month ago and downright shocked by the results.  

 

However, I'm a relative newbie and still plenty of methods I've been slow to try and slow to practice.

 

It is only in the past year I've started to force myself to finesse fish and stop just going for reaction and topwater bites.  It has not been easy.  But it has paid me back in terms of vastly better performance.  Since I picked up Neko I expect it to be my primary.  Also looking to try shaky head and dragging craws/hula grubs on jigs this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, OkobojiEagle said:

Tom, these days of the internet and social media, somebody is usually quick to rename an "old school" rig.  I would have guessed your primary bottom contact bait to be a skirted jig.

 

oe

If I know bass are in small area at a known depth presenting a slow sinking Senko to saturate the spot in an affect to catch neutral activity bass my 1st choice is a drop shot rig, slip shot rig or nail weight worm. Before trying any of those a jig or T-rig worm or creature would tried.

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...