Sign in to follow this  
SpecialSause

buyin a good boat for not so much money

if anyone knows what type of boat i could get for fishin and such for a good price let me know please. i really dont want an aluminum boat and id like to be able to go in the gulf of mexico with it... is their anything i should look out for when buying a used boat i would like to go bass fishing with it and have a trolling motor on it.  basically an all around  boat... thanks

SS

btw great forum and a great bunch of ppl on here im glad i found it  ;)

I was in the same "boat" your in currently  ;D

All kidding aside, I ended up buying a Ranger Intracoastal, basically a saltwater bass boat.  Other boats I liked that are good double duty boats are Action Craft, Hewes, Pathfinders, Lake and Bay, and Skeeter to name a few.  Prices can be sky high or bargain basement depending on year and model of mentioned brands.

I would primarily focus my search for bargains using the internet in coastal areas close to you.  For example I found my Ranger by searching on Craigslist methodically.  I ended up driving many miles to get it, but found what I was looking for at the right price.  You'll be surprised some of the great deals and not so great deals you'll find.  Happy hunting and be patient. It took me a good 4-5 months of searching and ohh by the way welcome to the forum. ;)

thanks im sure this is going to be a long search i almost had one im not sure what brand but it was more of a saltwater boat it was sweet and only 10 grand can i use a saltwater boat for bass fishing?

thanks

SS

Something you may want to consider, you get what you pay for, and be sure the boat will fullfill your needs.