Sign in to follow this  
Splat

Help me choose a TM. Look at pic first

Guys I need help choosing. Normally I would just go with a cable drive because of cost and ease of use. However with how my boat is setup I don't use the raised front deck very often to fish. And I fear that a cable won't reach the lower area(where the front seat is in this photo). If I go with a electric steer (some people hate them) They have a much longer cord on the foot pedal and also a option for wireless(not needed but a toy none the less), plus the added benefit of autopilot.

Interior.jpg

Functionality is more important than cost at this point. It's just how I am.

Bill

I am right there with you. I am more comfortable on the back deck or floor of my boat. It rocks less. I have always envisioned driving the trolling motor from these positions. But I haven't done anything about it yet so I can't vote or offer any helpful advice. Let me know if it works out though.

For those of you with digital trolling motors do you drive from different positions in your boat, other than the bow?  If so would you consider going back to cable steer or do you enjoy being able to drive from the different positions?

You are going to regret an electric steer TM like a Terrova or PD. I've got the powerdrive, and if not for the Autopilot it would be in the trash. It is so clumsy with the foot pedal. Save money and get a better product, go with a cable steer. Autopilot is absolutely crucial to using one, and at times its actually pretty nice, but I would take a cable steer any day.

You are going to regret an electric steer TM like a Terrova or PD. I've got the powerdrive, and if not for the Autopilot it would be in the trash. It is so clumsy with the foot pedal. Save money and get a better product, go with a cable steer. Autopilot is absolutely crucial to using one, and at times its actually pretty nice, but I would take a cable steer any day.

ditto, been there done that!!