Sign in to follow this  
Link

Fish Cat Streamer XL...

Anyone ever try out or have seen the Fish Cat Streamer from Cabela's?  Looking for something fairly inexpensive but that will last, and easy to transport/store.  Would be fishing ponds and a local resevoir.  Any suggestions? comments? experiences? ease of use?

Thanks in advance!

Alot of people like to fish off the pontoon boats,  easier to cast and move from one than a kayak.  You can also mount a trolling motor on them too.  I think there's one being sold in the Richmond craigslist

Does anyone know how high these things sit off the water?  I'm worried about snakes!!!! :)   Best way to pump it up?

Where do you live Link? I've been fishing out of a tube for about 50 years. I live in Oklahoma and haven't been bitten yet. I have sent a few cottonmouths to their happy huntin grounds though. I carry a Ruger single six with shot shells. If they within 10' they're in my territory!    

I live in Virginia, have yet to see a snake where I fish but you never know....I just really really dislike snakes.  There is a local seller selling an older version apparently (Black/Green colored?) which hasn't been used for $400.00  I'm all for it, the wife isn't much of a fan of something that is inflatable yet she won't let me spend the $$ on a boat....Oh well.

Is that an inflatable pontoon? I bought a Madison this year and the water hits me about mid shin. I really like mine, only detractors are the wind and fish really jerk you around. (A big ol bass anyways) :) You learn to direct your boat with your rod when you have a good one on but he will pull you into stuff if your fishin in downed logs or something. I've been wanting to put an anchor on it and see if that would help. Would have to remember to throw it in though. anchor would definately help in the wind situation. If I'm in a lake I'll try to fish from the weeds out sometimes in wind. You can make an anchor with a net bag and some rocks and rope.

Also, I found some Kickapoo Kickers on ebay, they really work good for maneuvering while fishing.Good fishin! they mount on your shoes and have a big flap on bottom that catches water and propels you forward. Rowing took some time for me to get used to but I can move around pretty good now. Mine's not rated for a trolling motor but I might see what I can do later. Should really make one zip around! You can get a Madison for a little over 300.oo with shipping.

It's similar to the Madison, just a different company and all that good stuff.  I've read reviews about the Streamer and it gets great ones!

To me it seems best for my situation as the place I like to fish really doesn't have too many areas to drop in a boat, plus it seems easy enough to throw in the back of my Durango without dealing with the mess of trailers and what not.

How bad is it rowing?  The Streamer comes with a anchor setup and a spot for a trolling motor.

I would think that if it stinks, or I'm not a fan I could easily sell it for what I'm paying for it....I would hope.

Well my wife has agreed to letting me get it, but I've made the promise that if it sits and I don't use it, or it just doesn't work well for me that I will sell it.

Picking it up on Friday, will get out Sunday evening in it!