Jump to content

Squam Lake and Lake Winnipesaukee - Holderness New Hampshire


NE-KID

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, 

 

I'm returning home for a few weeks to visit and accourse fish as well. What should I bring with me as far as bait?  Gary Yamamoto Senkos green pumpkin, Crankbaits, Whopper Plopper 75 "Shad"? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

I am on Squam and spawn is just starting.

I have been using

Jerks

Shallow to mid CB

Senkos

And some top water, the rat, WP or large popper.

Feel free to PM if you want to chat

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd include some ned & neko rigs, Hula grubs, &  nose hooked soft jerk baits.  Tubes are always a gd choice.  If it's breezy a chartreuse/white spinner bait.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2019 at 10:00 PM, NHBull said:

I am on Squam and spawn is just starting.

I have been using

Jerks

Shallow to mid CB

Senkos

And some top water, the rat, WP or large popper.

Feel free to PM if you want to chat

I'm going to bring the senkos in green pumpkin, whopper plopper 75 in phantom shad color, chartueous spinnerbait and chatterbait to see what get hits the most. 

13 hours ago, je1946 said:

I'd include some ned & neko rigs, Hula grubs, &  nose hooked soft jerk baits.  Tubes are always a gd choice.  If it's breezy a chartreuse/white spinner bait.

 

From what I see on the Internet its going to be windy and cool for the dates I'll be there. I am hoping to catch some quality fish for the days I am there.

 

For you guys both..What are some places to eat at? My mother has Leukemia but in remission she has to be careful what she eats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, NE-KID said:

I'm going to bring the senkos in green pumpkin, whopper plopper 75 in phantom shad color, chartueous spinnerbait and chatterbait to see what get hits the most. 

From what I see on the Internet its going to be windy and cool for the dates I'll be there. I am hoping to catch some quality fish for the days I am there.

 

For you guys both..What are some places to eat at? My mother has Leukemia but in remission she has to be careful what she eats.

Glad to hear your Moms doing well.  I live 50 miles from Winni and even more from Squam, but if I'm in the Merideth (Winni) area I like Harts turkey farm, always a gd spread and they have other things beside turkey.  NH Bull lives in the Squam area so I'm sure he can recommend some gd restaurants to you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, je1946 said:

Glad to hear your Moms doing well.  I live 50 miles from Winni and even more from Squam, but if I'm in the Merideth (Winni) area I like Harts turkey farm, always a gd spread and they have other things beside turkey.  NH Bull lives in the Squam area so I'm sure he can recommend some gd restaurants to you.

Thank you. I'll google search Harts turkey farm and see what they have that my mother could eat there. Is there any coffee shops around in that area such as Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks or something better to try out? I know there is Cafe Monte Alto thats suppose to be really good from what people have wrote about it on Yelp.com.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User

.....see you at Hart's ( Their koto)

Cafe Monte Alto is where I have my morning coffee and is only 2 miles from me and a great little Shop connected to a town store that sits above a great sandwich shop call Biedermans.

There has to be at least a dozen DD's within  40 minutes.

Give a yell if you want to fish Squam..

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2019 at 7:18 AM, NHBull said:

.....see you at Hart's ( Their koto)

Cafe Monte Alto is where I have my morning coffee and is only 2 miles from me and a great little Shop connected to a town store that sits above a great sandwich shop call Biedermans.

There has to be at least a dozen DD's within  40 minutes.

Give a yell if you want to fish Squam..

Thank you for that information. I'll speak to my father and see if he just wants to fish with me only and my nephew who has autism or wouldn't mind having someone else with us fishing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 years later...
  • Super User

Can any of you NH boys tell me what water temps are in the 1st/2nd week of May up there?  I want to fish Squam lake around that time.

 

Thanks for your help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



  • Outboard Engine

    Outboard Engine

    fishing forum

    fishing forum

    fishing tackle

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.