Sign in to follow this  
Fish Fast

Flasher or graph?

I have a crestliner 1850 fishhawk with a lowrance 125 X mounted at the console. I currently fish out of the back of the boat becuase I don't have a flasher or fishfinder in the front. I would prefer to fish out of the bow but can't because I don't have a graph or a flasher up there. My question is, would you rather have a flasher (vexilar) on the bow and keep my lowrance where it is? Or, move my lowrance to the bow and get another graph (with gps) at the console? The vexilar would come in handy for ice fishing, which I do in the winter, but I don't know how much I will like them because I have not used them that much? The gps would be nice for downloading waterway maps.

Any input would be appreciated her before I go drop $400 to $600 on my next purchase!

Get the graph.  Flashers are great for verticle applications, but the graph has the history, and helps you visualize the bottom much better.

I don't even use a flasher for ice fishing anymore, as the new graphs give you the instantaneous info you need.  Some of the Lowrance models have a flasher mode in them, you can use if you want, but you will find the graph mode much better for 99.999999% of the fishing applications you will do out of a boat.

I think the 522C is probably the best value out there right now.

I vote for graph, too.