Flag by day, light by night.

861 (3).jpg

I still don't have a flag but I also rarely if ever fish waters that aren't HP restricted or electric only.  I read somewhere, not sure how true it is, that the color of your paddle blade makes more of a difference as it is in the air and moving as opposed to a stationary object like a flag.  All of it helps though because like i tell people when I ma road biking, it doesn't matter if you are right because you could be dead too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flyfisher said:

I still don't have a flag but I also rarely if ever fish waters that aren't HP restricted or electric only.  I read somewhere, not sure how true it is, that the color of your paddle blade makes more of a difference as it is in the air and moving as opposed to a stationary object like a flag.  All of it helps though because like i tell people when I ma road biking, it doesn't matter if you are right because you could be dead too.

I fish a lake often that has daily airboat tours. These airboats usually run close to shore and reed lines, which can be areas I'm fishing. When I got my kayak, I spoke to several of the airboat captains as we were launching from the same ramp. They all said the same thing, my Yak Attack VisiCarbon Pro Light and Flag is only visible at dawn and dusk when the light is on. The reflective marker and flag (unless the wind is consistently blowing and moving the flag) are too small to be seen from a distance. They also all recommending moving or waving my paddle in the air because the bright colors and motion would be more likely to be seen. This is the paddle I use:

7nuH8qO.png

• Like 1