Sign in to follow this  
dieselaw

20 foot jon boat?

Looks like something Maj Braddock would carry guns on in a missing in action movie. LOL

Guy here a long time ago had a long one like that, but much wider, made a great resv rig to carry all the batteries, we have mostly electric only lakes here, some pretty large, so we see large jons for that reason.  I would think it unstable being so narrow, seems like it goes against a normal width to lenght ratio, might make it easy to overload if one were not careful.

I think it would be a good all purpose fishing boat.  Depends on the width, but I would think a 20 ft boat would be plenty wide enough.

If you look closely at the boat transom, you will see that the motor has a jet pump and the boat hull has the tunnel conversion. Very common for river fishing.

owner says it is 42 inches wide, but still have to check if he measured at the right spot.

That's not very wide for a 20 footer. I wouldn't buy anything less then 60 " wide on a boat that long.

saw this ad on my local craigslist.... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/boa/733459353.html ......not too sure how a 20 foot jon boat will handler or for that matter ride. if anyone has seen od owned anything like this i would appreciate the input. thx in advance.                                    

My partner has a 18 foot jon boat with a 25HP and also a 9.9HP. We fish this has some lakes in our area have HP limits. As far as how they handle, in rough water I feel safer in his jon boat versus my Nitro. It is great for river fishing and what we like to call jungle fishing, getting into areas you would not normally try. The ride on this boat is a bit rough and will bounce you around a bit by is very stable has on fish only on my feet and and quite active on a boat. All in all I believe this would make a good versitle boat for you.