VinnyR

Tatula type R? Same price as tatula 100

I thought I pretty much found what I wanted with the tatula 100 to pair with my new rod. Saw what looked like a decent deal at $120. But then I saw the seller has all the R100's and the 100's both for $120. And I'm not sure I understand the difference between the two but one has a higher MSRP. 

If I'm understanding this right the type R just has the two corrosion resistant bearings and is slightly heavier? Does that mean it's rated for saltwater? Is there any reason I wouldn't just get the type R here?

The type r isn't available in the 7.3:1 ratio but other than that, am I missing anything here? Seems weird that there's a lot of both of them in stock, in all ratios and L/R retrieves, and both are marked down to 120, one from 199 and the other from 159. 

The R100s are the older Tatulas that use the larger original frame if its the Tatula Type R. Which is the same frame in the new Tatula 150. 

Personally I would go with the new 100. Its smaller, lighter and casts just as far. I also believe it holds the same amount of line. 

If you want a Type R get the Tatula CT Type R (Has the red hood). Has a smaller frame and all the benefits you listed and I believe I seen some on the bay in the 7.3:1 ratio.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gorris317 said:

The R100s are the older Tatulas that use the larger original frame if its the Tatula Type R. Which is the same frame in the new Tatula 150. 

Personally I would go with the new 100. Its smaller, lighter and casts just as far. I also believe it holds the same amount of line. 

If you want a Type R get the Tatula CT Type R (Has the red hood). Has a smaller frame and all the benefits you listed and I believe I seen some on the bay in the 7.3:1 ratio.

I can't stand the red hood.   At least from pictures.  Like red trim.  Much prefer the looks of the original Type R.  Size not a problem for me.  Maybe it is for the OP.

I have more than one each of Type R, CT-R and 100's with me all the time.  I'm oblivious to the size difference and even more so to the colors.  Except for the IPT's, I'm completely unaware which is in my hand at any time. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Ordered the 100. The rod I ordered is supposed to be really lightweight (helium 3) so I figured I'd keep the whole setup as lightweight and compact as possible. Though I'm sure I wouldn't even notice the difference...lol