raoka

Thoughts on Levante Diablo Spec R vs Tour Versatile

I was leaning towards the diablo but the 3/4 oz lure max makes me a little bit concerned. I  primarily throw 1/2 spinnerbaits/swim jigs/chatterbaits, but I imagined i would throw occasionally 3/4 oz chatters with a trailer. would the rod be overtaxed? Would it depend on if I use braid or mono? Just wanted to hear people with experience with these rods. Thanks!

I just put 0.75 oz (or so) on the Diablo and it bends, but felt fine to me, I would not be worried casting that personally.  Feels great with 0.5oz, I cast that all day yesterday.  It feels stout for a M-rated rod.  Most MB IMO in fast action non-crank, feel stout/stiff for their class.

Tour Versatile looks nice though too, if I get another OrochiXX it's what I'd pick because it that sweet spot of 7', MH-F.

According to their table, you should get the Diablo.

If you want something to use for heavier lures, jigs, etc., Tour V., else Diablo IMO.

my 2 cents.

Tackle Trap has a great MB rep you can ask any questions of.  He has used them all I think, regularly compares them.

• Like 1

ill probably get the diablo. seems like it would also be a decent skipping baitcasting rod for 3/8 oz jigs or weightless senkos