j.davis

Jon boat casting deck/bow trolling motor mount

Building a front casting deck with a spot to mount a bow trolling motor. Trying to keep this as simple as possible. Does anyone who has done something like this have any advice? I understand the stability will suffer some. That’s okay, I trust myself and my balance. I will be fishing alone in this boat 90% of the time. It’s a 1436, manufacturer unknown. Any input is greatly appreciated. Right now I’m going to make a template from cardboard or something similar, trace it onto plywood. Build a frame (this is where I’m not sure how I’m going to do it) to support the plywood between the front bench and middle bench. 

The term Jin boat has morphed into any aluminum boat with a flat or tunnel bottom that isn't a V bottom, it can have a V bow. So....does this Jon have a flat bow like the typical stereotype Jon boat of yesteryear?

Tom

PS, just noticed this is a double thread.

I don’t know how it got posted twice, must have been a mistake on my part. It’s a flat bow though.