jebar01

Mister Twister

I recently purchased a Mister Twister Top Prop.  I used it once and had several largemouth attack it.  Anyone else have any luck?  What color trailer were you using.  I am using it tomorrow morning.  Also, I noticed if you are fishing heavy weeds it works very well but not with the trailer hook.  Just curious.

Use a ribbit

• Like 1

I do not have that bait, but I really like Mister Twister grubs on a Hopkins spoon.

I have a few of these. I like the action, and they definitely attract blowups, but I had a terrible time hooking up, so I gave up on them.  I can't see really any situation where a buzzbait or plastic toad, or hollow bodied frog wouldn't be better.

The whole purpose of this bait is to draw strikes on the pause. The very nature of the bait when paused proves that. 

These baits are very quiet. They won't draw a strike from very far. However, the way they stand up when paused lets the hook and trailer dangle down and entice a follower to bite. The very best trailer is the one it came with, Mister Twister Double Tail Grub. On the pause those appendages really act up and draw a strike. Pause it next to cover like a log, stump, dock, or clump of grass. It's inherently weedless so throwing it into heavy cover isn't an issue. And if you get a blow up while on the move stop your retrieve immediately. Let it set for 5 seconds. Then give it a slight twitch. Often times it gets inhaled. Hope this help...

rs.php?path=MTSDT-1BPS-1.jpg

• Like 2

Yup. I agree. Takes a little bit of knowing how to work this lure but it works. Pausing works and so does a small rip and pause. 

Big Rick thanks tons.  I will try the pause as you suggested.  By the way, La. is definately on my bucket list...tight lines and best of luck!

• Like 1