Sign in to follow this  
kickbasskid

Need help on inflatable boat choice.

Take a look at Zodiac. What you are looking at is more toy than boat.

Please understand I am only 14 and can not afford something over 400$ which includes boat and motor.

I understand about the price. Is it also the light weight of the inflatables you like? Have you considered a used canoe, kayak or small jon boat?

I own a sevylor, it works great with a hard bottom and trolling motor bracket. You can set up a milk crate seat so you're not sittin so low.

The hard bottom is must, a simple shaved & sanded piece of wood will take care of that. It adds a tremendous amount of stability, so you can stand and whatnot. The motor bracket is a ripoff, make one yourself using copper tubing and a 2x4.

Boat + motor + battery +acc. materials = $200+/-

Get's me through shallow rivers, and small lakesides just fine. You'd be surprised how fast a Minnkota30 will push one of these things. ;D

I had a sea eagle 9, wow was that thing heavy and awkward when deflated...maybe an 8 is lighter and more manageable but I dumped that sea eagle asap.  I understand that you're strapped for cash, I am too, but I got sick of buying inflatables and went with the kayak route after saving up during the summer.  

If you're really itching to get out and inflatable kayak works well too, it's what i used for about 3 years before I got my yak!