Sign in to follow this  
st00pid

Got a line on a 2002 nitro nx 750.

I am new to boats. I was looking at just getting a little 14 footer for the ponds but the soon to be wife would rather have something nice for the lakes all about a hour to two hours from us.

A local dealer has this

2002 NITRO NX750 DC W/ 2002 MERCURY 90 HP AND 2002 TRACKER TRAILER. TRANSOM SAVER, STING RAY, MOTOR GUIDE BOW MOUNT, ZERCOM FLASHER IN BOW, BOTTOMLINE AT CONSOLE, 1 PED. SEAT, 1 BUTT SEAT

sorry for the caps cut and paste from dealer site. The boat is the green.

for 8500.00.

we sat in some nice new rangers at the fair tonight from the same dealer.  But i dont wanna spend that kinda coin.

Can anyone suggest something under 10k that will do me well for a couple years then upgrade once i figure out what i want in a boat. as far as features and such.

Ebay has better deals right now. And if you keep an eye out there you may find a real bargain. A week or so ago an  01 Triton tr-20 with a 225 Evinrude went for under 10k. Wait and you will find better deals on a bigger better boat.

I have been looking at ebay and craigslist virtually every week. Where i live either people buy them and never get rid of them or im looking in the wrong spots. Ive searched every dealer in the state. Nw iowa isnt the best place to find much of anything :(

Would it be worth it to make a long drive to save a alot of money? Or get a great deal? Winter is closing in fast and, spring sale blowouts are right around the corner. I bought my boat when it was one year old and paid a little more than half of what it cost brand new. The boat mentioned doesn't seem to be any kind of deal and you will outgrow it within a year. Your call bud but, seems a little steep for a 7 year old Nitro with a 90.

Ive been searching in a 6 hour radius. I been more on focus to boats in iowa, nebraska, kansas, southdakota, I know the time is comming for deals to be popping up. I'm not in a major hurry since its about time to be ice fishing anyway haha. Ive got a bass pro a few hours away i hope i can check in there from time to time see what comes in.