Sign in to follow this  
MSPbass

Lund Mr. Pike for bass?

I've been driving past a Lund Mr. Pike with a for sale sign on it for a month now. It looks old and dirty, but nothing some cleaner and new carpet wouldn't spruce up. I'm wondering if anyone here has anything to say about this boat. I tried to do some internet research, but didn't find much. It's a Mr. Pike 18 with 3 seats and a 100hp Honda for 4K. I'm guessing early 80's, but it could be older.

I'm not sure. It looks well used. It's definitely an older engine, but nothing jumps out as a red flag. Lunds are legendary, especially here in MN. It's sort of why I'm questioning the price tag. It seems low for a Lund, with a motor and trailer.

My only two concerns about the design of the boat would be amount of dry/rod storage, and the depth of the freeboard on the front casting deck.  Other than that, check the floor and check the motor.

I purchased a '89 Lund (one ding in the side) similar style as the one you are looking at, it included the following:

-2000 Mercury 25hp (runs excellent)

-Minn kota auto pilot 42lbs trolling motor

-all new decking and carpet

-Biminin top (new)

-Trailor is in excellent condition customized with new rims and tires

-2 batteries

-battery charger

-3 seats

-three storage bins

The bad:

-no livewell

-little tippy with new a new fishing buddy

-no rod storage.

Very happy since this is my first boat, paid $3200.  I think it is a good time to buy boats right now.

Actually, there isn't much of a casting deck. It's not a big flat bass boat. But there is a chair up front with a little room to stand around it.

Thanks for the info ssaB. Sounds like you got a great deal on that one. Tippy isn't good though. I need to climb into this thing. It looked like there was a long rod locker right down the port side of the boat.