Sign in to follow this  
jared...

first small boat

im looking for something to put in the back of a truck and go fishing in ponds and small lakes. im looking to put a trolling motor on it. and go out with 1 other person. and im not sure what would be a better choice. thanks.

I have a 10' jon boat that I trailer. It is light and has enough room for me and another person. I dont think you would have a problem with getting the jon boat in and out of your truck. I use a 55lb trolling motor and just added a Humminbird fishfinder. Great little boat for ponds and other small waters.

I have a 12 ft jon boat that I load into my tacoma. I put all my gear inside it and put the TM and battery in the backseat.  It is very easy tp load/unload with 1 person.  I would advise getting a 12 ft if you have a big enough bed to hold it and you will want to be fishing with a partner very often.  My boat is kinda cramped with 2 ppl in it, but it's a perfect 1 man vessel.  

yeah. now im going with a jon boat. i just need to figure out if i wana get a 12...

thanks.

If you can fit a 12 into your bed, do it. You will not regret it. a 10' will work, but you will appreciate the extra couple feet in the 12.

I also would try for the 12 footer. You would be surprised how much 2 foot more will give you as far as company,gear and room to fish...