Sign in to follow this  
Jig Thrower

anybody ever used their bass boat for more than fishing?

just wondering if anyone else uses their bass boat to pull a tube or for any other water sports.  i have done it a few times and people look at me like i am crazy.  ;D

I try not to but I have pulled tubers and ski's with my bass boat I have a 2002 triton tr-186. I have also rigged up a camo system for it and use it during duck and goose season.

I have 6 kids four of which are married and 4 grand kids so to answer your question yes I have.    ;)

I haven't ever used mine to pull people, but from time to time I will load it down with camping gear and head out to a small island in the middle of the lake and camp out.

When I'm fishing alone, I like to park my boat in an isolated spot and sunbathe naked on the front deck.   ;D ;)

Pull a skier, tuber or knee boarder with a bass boat?!   ;)

Many, many, many times.   ;)

I needed 16' crown moulding for a house project.  My utiltiy trailer is only 8', so I hooked up the boat and put the moulding bow to motor.  worked great!

Don't worry Jack, when we get to Lake Fork I'll show you how its done. ;D

Pull a skier, tuber or knee boarder with a bass boat?! :o

Many, many, many times. ;)

Isn't that called alligator hunting? ;) ;D ;D

When I'm fishing alone, I like to park my boat in an isolated spot and sunbathe naked on the front deck. ;D ;)

Over sharing of information  ;)

I needed 16' crown moulding for a house project. My utiltiy trailer is only 8', so I hooked up the boat and put the moulding bow to motor. worked great!

I have used mine to move furniture. The guy at the furniture store said it was the first time he saw that.

Yup! I've used mine for crabbing in the mouth of the river. It worked fine for a crab boat until the swells got big and the wind picked up. The 3 foot wind chop sent me back to the docks though.

Not an ideal crabbing boat but in a pinch????

Heck yeah! I use it for pulling the kids on tubes/skis, sight-seeing on the rivers. Loaded up many times with firewood and camping gear and head out to the many remote islands on the rivers here with the kids. All the fishing/camping/swimming we do on those islands will probably be some of their fondest memories when they are adults.

There are many other ways to recreate on a bass boat.

Later in the day once the fishing slows and the boat traffic picks up on the lake, I like to use my Stratos to run down as my annoying PWC's as I can! ;D  (oh sorry, did I type that out loud?)

Just kidding, but a man can dream can't he?