Sign in to follow this  
diver_sniper

Question about Lowrance LMS-332c

I don't know a whole lot about these things, I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.

I know the LMS-332c is discontinued, but is it basically the same thing as the 520's that they sell now? Does anyone know what the differences would be?

Also, a lot of people around here seem to prefer Hummingbird over Lowrance. Why is that? I'm not one for brand loyalty, I just like the stuff that works the best, that's why I ask.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

I have a 332 and love it.

I saw the new Lowrances at BPS this week but did not stop by to look at them as I passed the counter.

Hummingbirds are less expensive than Lowrance units and the Hummingbirds perform very well.

You may want to ask the salespeople where you are going to purchase your unit about the 332 replacement or go on the Lowrance site and ask them., www.lowrance.com.

But don't bet next week's pay check on an e-mail reply. You will do better calling them dircet or contacting their parts department, 800.324.1356.

And try to get the 2008 Lowrance Product Guide sent to you.  ;)

The 520 has more button options and may have a slightly bigger screen im not for sure cause i dn't own one.  I have the LMS-334c and the only difference between mine and urs is that i have 1 or two more button options at the price of paying another $60 for the unit over the 332.

i should also mention that i wouldn't buy a hummingbird unless it was the sideimage units.  THose things are revolutionary at pricey around $1000-2500!!  Wish Lowrance had their own version of sideimaging but oh well.  Watever u feel most comfortable w/ i guess, im a lowrance guy but i also have a velxilar fl-18 up front next to my second LMS-334c.

I agree.  If you are not going to get the side imaging hummingbird go for the LMS 520.  That side imaging is incredible but the sonar detail imo is better on the lowrance.

I got a 520c recently and have no big complaints it is an awesome unit.  It did take some time to learn all the bells and wistles though.  Once you do though it is an incredible tool, especially for deep structure/cover.

To get back to your orginally question, I the 520 accepts graphics cards for more detail background maps.  Does the 332?  That may be the big difference.

I also have a 332c and like it. I can't compare it to the 520, as I've not see that unit. The 332 has plenty of detail for me... I think the mapping cards are the limiting factor, not the unit's ability to display them.

Wish Lowrance had their own version of sideimaging but oh well.

Lowrance had the "sidefinder" in the early/mid 90's. (I still have an X-55 w/ side imaging) However, a lawsuit from I think bottomline over the technology or patent infringement, ended the manufacture of them. It's pretty cool when you are pitching docks. ;)