Sign in to follow this  
bubbler

used vs. new

So we a going to get a boaut pretty soon and there is a guide that has a 50 thousand dolar boat and is willing to sell it to us for 37 grand it has a optimax 225. the boat is only ojne year old and its a bute, it is a legend alpha series, with some pretty pimp features. 8-). Or we are going to get a nitro 898 with a 225 optimax. the legend is a top of the line boat and is maked out. and the nitro isnt as nice....what boat would u sugest that we get!!!!!!!

Thank u and god bless....Jared

....what boat would u sugest that we get!!!!!!!

Thank u and god bless....Jared

In this day and age......

One that's paid for.   ;)

When I was looking guide boats made me very nervous.  They use them a lot.  However, only being a year old there should be a ton of warranty left so I might consider it.  Plus, the guide boats I was looking at were from Fork.  On another lake they might not get used as much.

Whatever you decide I strongley recommend going used.  When I started my search I was looking new, and switched to used after several boat owners and guides kept saying buy lightly used.  Best advice I have ever listened to.  I ended up with a boat that had 3 years of warranty left(more than a new would of had) and only 27 hrs on the motor.  Best part is I saved about 17,000 versus the same boat new with less warranty, and I didn't have to break it in.  With so many people having financial trouble there are a ton of almost new boats that people need to get rid of.   A deal can be had.

Good luck, and be sure to post pics.

If it is a year old if might have some wear on it, but being a guide he might also take better care of it so it is in top notch shape so it is pleasing to the customers and so you doesn't have trouble out on the water.  While some random used boat you might know less about it and could be more risky but could also be in the same shape.  I might lean toward the guide because you might be able to find out more about the boat and be more trust worth because you are a customer and he would still want you to sent your friends over his way.  While some, not all, people just want to sell their boat and not everyone will tell you if something is wrong.  I know it's not right but people do that.

WOOOOOOOOOOO.....we found a boat here within about 45 min  and the best part is  that the boat is 20 times nicer than the new boats that we wer concidering buying...its a triton limited edition, With a 225 optimax pro xs.The boat owners brother has recently passed away within the last few months. He had finaly got his dream boat but then he sudenly dide like 3 months later. IT has only been used 3 times and is friggen nice...We are going dow tomorrow with my dads friend to viewthe boat further....Wish us luck dudes ;)

I am not trying to be a bad guy our anything its just I think you should spell check some of the stuff you put in your posts if you want us to understand what your saying

just my input though...

Jesse893, thank you.  It has seemed lately that I'm the only guy on the forum who takes issue with poor grammar and spelling.  It's gratifying to know that I am not the only voice howling in the wilderness.

Jesse893, thank you. It has seemed lately that I'm the only guy on the forum who takes issue with poor grammar and spelling. It's gratifying to know that I am not the only voice howling in the wilderness.

o u r  the howlin gramur poleece now? shur enuf huh lissen old man we yung kids no lots mor than u old foggeees will ever no liten up on us it jus a fourem 4 gods sakes. peece out

;)

Yeah I know what your saying, I just can't understand what people are saying when they don't take the time and spell check there post

kettle calling the pot black???????

there or is it their ?

cart7t

Like I said if you want people to understand you there's a built in spell check when your typing your post, Use it  

Your off base.  Cart was making a joke.  

BTW ;), where is the built in spell check?  I thought you had to type in a word doc and then cut and paste to spell check.

cart7t

Like I said if you want people to understand you there's a built in spell check when your typing your post, Use it  

Cart7t,

Like I said "If you want people to understand you there's a built in spell check when you are typing your post, use it."

I'm pretty sure thats a run on sentence as well, but I didn't fell like fixing it for you.  Also never end a sentence with a preposition.  It is a preposition.

Yeah whatever, like I said before I don't care.  

;D

Yeah whatever, like I said before i don't care 8-)

Sometimes it's better to be quiet if you don't care.

wow...that is so,pretty sad stuff guys....i didnt try to offend anyone by the punctuation or grammer...i just had a question. :-?

I WILL TYPE BETTER FROM NOW ON... ;D ;D ;D SORRY ABOUT THAT.

If I were in your shoes, I would buy a used boat but I would be extremely careful and check it out from top to bottom.  Not only should you take it out for a ride, but you should have a mechanic look at it before you decide to purchase it.  If it checks out, you'll feel the benefit in your wallet.

I'd definitely take some to look at the used market.  If you've got some time, and some cash...there's some great deals on the market right now from folks who are overloaded and their toys need to go.  It took me a couple months, but finally found my boat....saved $8-$10M, have warranty left on motor, transfered warranty on the boat...boat, trailer and motor looks showroom.