Sign in to follow this  
perchjerker

Lowrance h2o handheld gps

Has anybody had any experience with Lowrance h20 handheld gps.I'm looking for a gps unit for my boat but can't afford 5 or 600 dollars.Any help would be great.

I have one and it works great with Navionics software and LEI Hotspots. I always carry it with me when I am fishing with others especially if they don't have a mapping GPS.

I use the larger combo sonar/gps units too.

I use it for non water navigation also when hunting.

I would recommend the H2OC though since it is color and has a higher definition screen.

All GPS units I have seen show speed over ground (SOG) including the H2O. All four that I own show speed. The speed relating to flowing water is not indicated though like the speed sensors on some sonar units and speedometers on boats.

I agree with Wayne P., but want to stress that you need to have an SD card with either the Navionics, Fishing Hot Spots or the free Lowrance Lakes downloads if you want to navigate on land or water.

And yes, the H2O will give you speed.  I used the H2O exclusively on my boat for over a year before purchasing a Lowrance 522.  I still use it, but it's now on the bow instead of the console.

I have the H2O color. It is really cool and it has GPS groundspeed.

It works great. You can use it without the nav software, but it lacks detail. Battery life is so-so ( 5-6 hours) if you leave the screen lit up.

I need to get the 12v hookup.

I have the H2O color. It is really cool and it has GPS groundspeed.

It works great. You can use it without the nav software, but it lacks detail. Battery life is so-so ( 5-6 hours) if you leave the screen lit up.

I need to get the 12v hookup.

The 12V plug should have been included with the unit.