Sign in to follow this  
skeeter02k

Guys I need help!!!

My trolling motor started not working right for some reason...... It will not go to full power.  I turn it all the way up and it barley goes... I thought it was the batteries so i charged them all seperatly all though I have a on board battery charger.  It still did the same.  The batteries are only a year old and everything else seems full power.  Could it be a bad cell in a battery or something or a bad trolling motor?  It has a 36 volt motorguide pro.  I dont know what the problem is..... any suggestions????

The first thing is charge your batterys full.

Make sure everything is clear and on high press button. If motor is fast  then plug your charger back in and take multi meter and test batterys  should be 13 to 14 volts. You are really seeing if the charger is working anything less 10 to 12 volts  get new charger.

Now disconnect charger and batterys  and check each battery if any one battery is less than 12.25 that battery is junk.

Now wire battery and charger and the problem is still not found. Run those battery for a bit if the motor suddenly slows remove prop and on face you will see small bolts remove one and if it's wet you have seal problems, and all fixes should be done at a service depot unless you are very handy.

Garnet

Have you checked the water level in the batteries.  If they are a year old and you've never checked them there is a chance they are dry.

Have you checked the water level in the batteries. If they are a year old and you've never checked them there is a chance they are dry.

I agree, Ive had to fill mine in less that a year, the constant recharging dilutes the acid in the form of fumes. Be sure to use distilled water, it will prolong the life of your batteries.

You need to work thru your problem and get the answer. If you find one battery to be fault the next step take the caps off.

If your battery are down water it's just a short amount of time before they crap.

The next most likely is your charger as I said get a muilti do the test.

A load tester is easier and about $40-90 a muliti meter $5.

If you like wasting money don't do the test just start buying.

Garnet