Sign in to follow this  
john 07

BPS jig kit on sale!!!

Their 67 peice jig kit is on sale for only 14.99. This is a great buy. you guys know that Jigs/pigs produce nice bass. hop em drag em doesnt matter..will always produce nice bass. just picked up 2 boxes. Just thought i let yall know about this great deal.

Sounds like a great starter kit for the guys whom are going to try jiggin. I tie my own as I am hook particular as well as material particular. I like to tie my jigs either sparse for a faster fall or heavy for a slower fall. It depends on what I am doing. Most of the store bought jigs come with a flippin hook which is much thicker and fine for flippin but, I like a finer wire hook for pitchin and hoppin. Gamagatsu and Owner are good hooks as well as a few others out there. Nickel will last you longer and may be a little more expensive but, they don't rust. I also tie stand up jigs and hair jigs for smallies. Most store bought hair jigs come with a smaller hook than I like ( I use 3/0 ) Also, the eye comes in either a horizontal or vertical position. I prefer a horizontal eye on my jigs, I feel they work better in a wood situation. I am glad to see someone take a interest in jigs on this post because I have read a lot of just the opposite. Jigs in the wood,pads,grass and around docks and pilings are a lot of fun and can be big fish baits as well. Good luck to you. One last word, when jig fishing, 99% of the time the fish don't play with them so, when you feel that famous tick, mushy feeling or that no weight feeling or anything out of the ordinary, set the hook. Really become a line watcher with jigs as well because they hit them on the fall a lot and all you will see is a line jump or you may feel that no weight feeling when you lift up. Use a MH or H action rod for your rubber jigs for largemouth. I like a 6'6" MH fast to X-fast for pitchin and swimming with 14-17 lb test and a 6'6"- 7' MH-H for flippin with 20 lb test. Big Game and Stren Dura Tough in low vis green are two good lines for Jigs. Have fun!!!

Thanks for the heads up...just ordered 2 kits online, 1 for myself and 1 for a Christmas present.

Just getting in to fishing and looking to learn the art of jig fishing...hope this set will provide a solid foundation for me to start from.

Jeff