Sign in to follow this  
bass2187

Double tail hula grub and yum wooly grub?

How do you fish these? Parents got them for me and i am not sure how to fish them. Especialy with the hula grub, i am not sure which end is which. Any help would be appreciated. Hooks? Where to fish? Etc...

thanks,

Mike

depends on where you want to fish em. i like to fish deep structure for smallies, so i put them on 3/8oz or 1/8oz jig heads. shallow water if when you fish them texas rigged, weightless or with a bullet weight. the skirt is usually on top and the curly tails on the bottom of the jig or texas rig (if you get what i mean?)

The Hula grub/spider grub fished on a stand-up, or football jig is a great bass catcher. Let your imagination be your guide as far as technique-crawl, hop, pop, it's all good. Good luck.

Not familiar with the wooly grub but really like the dbl tail hula grub.  I fish them with a 1/8 or 1/4 oz ball head jig.  Poke the hook through the skirt end.  Usually use a twitch and retrieve method but have gotten some good ideas from other responders.  Gary Yamamoto uses a 5/8 oz jighead which seems kind of heavy but it's his design so who would know better?   ;)