Sign in to follow this  
BassHunter69

rod advise

Heres a question for you guys who build, what should i look for in a rod that would be good for swim baits? this question goes out to flukester,flechero,ronnie,Daveeeeeeeeeeeeeee G etc...

Also what kind of rod should i be looking at for swiming jigs,and chatter baits? :-?

oh my price range is around 40 bucks or so. even if i can pick up a used one that would be great. if not a used one what brand.power and action should i look for in that price range?

If I remember right, you asked about the storm swimbaits... if that's the case, you can fish those on the same rod you'd fish the chatter baits, swim jigs and several other things.  Nothing magical to look for in this type of rod.  I do fish the storm baits on occasion and have used several different rods for them.  Anything you like in a fast action is fine...  Just make sure the rod is rated to cast the weight range of the lure you are going to use.  There are several rods in your range from some BPS and Cabela's rods to the All Star Classics.  Depending on the ratings and series, you might like a MH or a H for this stuff.  

thanks flechero bro i apperciate that info im gonna have to check into it i have a med/heavy fast action quest im7 rod would this work? it will take lures 1/4 to 5/8 ?

it will take lures 1/4 to 5/8 ?

That's probably fine but may feel a little light.

thats what i was thinking to flechero so you think a hvy would be better?

That's what I use, but preference always plays into it... I usually lean towards the heavier of two choices.

what i'll do is try out those storms on my quest med/hvy rod and that okuma stratus with that 10 lb cajun red cast  :o that reminds me i need to test that castic crappie bait you sent me as well we have plenty of crappie fish here so that should work wonders  :) ;D ;D ;D

down here we tend to call them crappy fish  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D