Sign in to follow this  
tkoglin

Vertical Wall Mount Fishing Rod Holders?

Anyone make their own or know of a place to get a nice one?

I was looking for something along the lines of a vertical rod mount with maybe a small drawer at the bottom to hold excess fishing line.

I've used those Berkley ones for years.

They're OK.  The only problem is storing rods with the reels all in the same location, they just don't fit so I try and stagger the rods via the handle length, long - short - long.  It still doesn't work out right.  I'm planning on making a floor mount one this winter.

You have to watch on the Berkley Racks.  They have a "Rod Rack" that holds 6 rods without reels.  Then they have a "Combo Rack" that holds 5 Rods & Reels.  Walmart & Academy usually will stock them both, just have to watch what you are getting.  Got 2 of the Rod Racks before I found the Combo rack.

i have one by rapala that clips the rods in place. it can be a little tight to fit 6 rods on. but it works well for me

BPS has one made of wood, nice looking, cheap ( $ 50 bones ) that can hold up to 8 rods with reels attached that can either be left standing on it 's own or can be mounted on a wall.

81655.jpg