Sign in to follow this  
jrobi007

Shimano Cruxis??????

Has anyone used the Shimano Cruxis?? I was thinking about buying one, but wanted to know your guys opinion.

I have had a couple of them. The very first run of them had a janky level wind, current versions are fixed. I bought mine of ebay, new, for $60. If my only option were to get one at full price, i'd scrape up a few more bucks and get a citica, way better than the cruxis.

that being said, besides the level wind issue, they hold up fine. I winched my PB in with one with a buttoned drag, that was a good test :(

Thanks for the input.  Its funny you mentioned the Citica, I was looking at those as well and thats probably what Ill get but whats your opinion on the Revo S?

I've used bizzle's once or twice.  For the price it's not a bad little reel.  I would recommend getting a few extra bucks and going with the citica if you can.  This was my first baitcast I bought and I love it.  I actually bought the combo from BPS that was paired with the BPS Extreme for 150 on sale.  You'll be satisfied either way.  Good luck

Brandon

Thanks for the input.  Its funny you mentioned the Citica, I was looking at those as well and thats probably what Ill get but whats your opinion on the Revo S?

I haven't fished with the Cruxis but I sold a few. You can get them way cheaper on the forums and Ebay, like new vs. buying new.  For some reason the reel just isn't catching on.  That reel reminds me of the Daiwa Advantage 150 series.  Pretty decent reel for the money and the Daiwa is another that just isn't catching on even though it's a nice reel.

As for the Revo S?  I've got several along with SX and SC's.  Honestly, I like the S version better than the other two for some reason.  My only gripe is the palm plate release for brake adjustment.  Hopefully they'll change that in the future.  If you look on the forums or Ebay you can get a used or even like new Revo S for anywhere from $60 - 80.