Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Revos - sellin' like hotcakes

I've never seen Cabelas sell out of anything.   ;)

I am having a "reel" conundrum with my reel decisions.  I have always been a Team Daiwa or Shimano guy.  Bought a Revo SC not long ago and really like it, but I also have a new Team Daiwa HST 153 that I like just as much.  I am sold on the low profile reels and intend on replacing my entire current fleet over the winter(except my 2 Castaics).  I am either going with Revo SX or Daiwa Supertuned low profiles.  The $10 difference in price is nothing so I have to make some decisions here I guess.  I amn currently leaning on the Revo and the the only thing holding me up is that I have more actual time on the HST's.  The popularity of the Revo's is amazing though.

I have 3 Curado's(the old green originals) and 3 TD1's (1-Pi and 2 Hi) that I'm going to retire/replace to serve as backups.  Those are going to get sent to Reel Mech for rebuild and packed away.  

Jeff, I own 2 Revo SC's, one SX, one STX and 6 Diawa HST's. You can't go wrong with any of them. But my opinion is that the Revo's will hold up better in the long run. I have already had to do $40 worth of repairs on two HTS's and will have to repair one more in a few weeks. All had the same problem with the drive nut stripping the main drive threads.

Jeff, I own 2 Revo SC's, one SX, one STX and 6 Diawa HST's. You can't go wrong with any of them. But my opinion is that the Revo's will hold up better in the long run. I have already had to do $40 worth of repairs on two HTS's and will have to repair one more in a few weeks. All had the same problem with the drive nut stripping the main drive threads.

man I have almost the same exact setups! except I have 2 Sx's,Q Energy Burner,Zillion,and a Chronarch SF along with a few Calcutta's. The TDA's are what I've put the most time behind and are comfortable for my hand. That being said though the Zillion is my fav in all depts. I've yet to have to repair the main drive threads in the TDA's although I can notice some of my reels getting creaky after much abuse and neglect. For the money the TDA's are awesome also check out the Black Widow 2 they are pretty sweet and I've heard they fixed the drive nut issues.

there's so many nice reels out there now imo it comes down to what is most comfortable in your hand and your wallet!

If anyone is interested in those SC. (The red one next to the one sold out) Just go to that page and click on it. Then put it in your shopping cart and then look at the price of it in your cart. It should say 79.99.

Man, am I glad you found and commented on this one!  Seriously, I appreciate it.  I'm going Revo.

Guest muddy

They restock the mid Of October they are also out of their whole Fish Eagle II rod line and Fenwicks Eagle GT Line, mussta been a good year!