Sign in to follow this  
RockvilleMDAngler

2-piece rod recomendations?

I have a pretty solid assortment of Loomis and St. Croix rods but I need to buy at least 2 budget 2-piece rods. I am going on a canoe trip on the Upper Potomac with some buddies this weekend and I don't think I want to bring my 7' GLX's etc. and a rod holder will just get in the way. I would like to get 2 2-piece rods, one for crankbaiting and one for tubes/worms/jigs/buzzbaits and I would like to spend under $100 per rod. Anyone have any suggestions? Oh and I would be using a baitcaster on both so I would prefer a trigger rod.

I have a Shimano carbomax it does good its 6-6 i found one at sports authority for 10 bucks it was mis priced but since it had that on the tag they had to let me have it only thing i dont liek is the reel seat is finicky with my abus all i can fit on there without it moving is a torno im pretty sure it fits shimanos better

You will need to look no further than shimano rods to fill this niche of your arsenal. In their line, the Convergence, Clarus, and Compre all have 2 piece versions:

Convergence: $39

IM6 graphite, Aluminum Oxide Fuji Guides

Clarus: $59

IM7 graphite, Fuji Aluminum Oxide Guides

Compre: $89

IM7 Graphite, Fuji Hardloy

All models have the lifetime warranty, have two piece version of both casting and spinning rods.

I have a clarus casting and compre spinning that fill the 2 piece niche of my arsenal. They are my trunk rods.  :)

Both are sufficiently sensitive to get the job done. Good luck on your final decision.

Guest muddy

I keep 2 Cabelas>  Gold Label Rods behind my bench seat in my pick up. with a couple of Pflueger Trions, I use for pond hopping They Origianlly had them out for 49 bucks, they went on sale for 19 now I WOULD GO THIS WAY I have caught a slew of bass on them, no issues and they take a licking. THey do not carry a prestige name but for what you want you can't go wrong.

I keep 2 Cabelas>  Gold Label Rods behind my bench seat in my pick up. with a couple of Pflueger Trions, I use for pond hopping They Origianlly had them out for 49 bucks, they went on sale for 19 now I WOULD GO THIS WAY I have caught a slew of bass on them, no issues and they take a licking. THey do not carry a prestige name but for what you want you can't go wrong.

I was thinking about picking up a couple of these, went back to look again after ur post and now they arent on sale!  :)

Guest muddy

They were orinally 49 bucks, I got mine at 29, two days late they went to 19, which is probablly where they wanted to sell em at. Anyway I was a the Hamburg store and I said something to the salesman next thing you know, he took 10 bucks off what I was buying!

OK before everyone flips out. Check the new Shakespeare Synergy. It's 20 bucks and much better then the Convergence. I do own a Convergence but were talking 2 piece inexspensive. Anyways the guides are aluminum and the rod is much lighter than the Convergence. You can pick them up at Wally World. They had their old line called the expedition it was 20 bucks 2 piece 7 foot rod and I must have caught a 1000 fish on it. Just a thought and if it breaks So What.

If your looking for indestructible get a couple UGLY Sticks from wally world. I have a Cherrywood 2pc I trout fish with that I really like.$20 at wally.