Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Daiwa Megaforce Baitcaster Reel W/ Twitchin' Bar

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_96615_100001001_100000000_100001000_100-1-1

The Viento's younger brother, I had a chance to check one out today, a left hand model. Feels pretty good, but I don't know if it was just new & needed a breaking in, but the spool didn't spin for a long time, like the Viento. It was smooth though. I guess this is the reason for the much lower price.

What I want to know is if the frame is made of graphite or aluminum. I guess for $60-70 it must be graphite, but I'm not sure. Look at the link on top via BPS, & I checked Daiwa & neither states the frame material. But the spool is aluminum....

Also the store I was at looking at the Megaforce, they also have the new Procyon baitcast & spinning rods w/ some models w/ split grips. These are IM7 graphite rods & retails for under $50. I have a 6'6" ML spinning that is wonderful, but as like the St Croix Premier, the reel seat on the spinning rod will slip. I remedy this by wrapping electrical tape after I install a spinning reel on it. Check it out on Daiwa's site, seems like a great deal if you want a split grip rod.

Them daiwias got a 5 yr warrenty also not bad ...... i never owned one for 50 bucks or less i may get me one