Sign in to follow this  
mike bat

diawa fugo ??? upgrades

i wanna know if any members here have done any work the the diawa fugo ..... ill be getting 2 in the near future .... i do have one already .... so far i like the one i have just wonder if there are any upgrades i can do .... i will be having the drag upgraded to the carbonx .... however i wonder about the crank arm and berings ????

ZPI and Bassart for the handles and grips. Spool upgrades by ZPI and IZE. Bearing upgrades for the reel and handles and grips. Before you know it, that $200.00 reel will be a $400.00 reel. :)

Zip Sic bearings are good but expensive. I can't tell the difference between them and the ceramic ABEC 5 on sale by http://www.smoothdrag.com/price.html at 1/2 a price.

There is not a ZIP spool for the Fuego.

If you don't want to pay the price of Bassart and ZIP handles, the TD-Z handle will fit it, with 4 ball bearings, lighter and 1/2 a price.

thanks guys i may just look for some tdzs .... or even the newer zillions with the slower retrieves ... :)

I have a Tuned Fuego. All the bearings are Ceramic, TDZ handle with Bearings, TDZ Line Pawl, Carbontex Drag Washers. Very nice reel.