Sign in to follow this  
ABC123

Alphas owners.....

While I'm drooling over the Pixy, I'm going to try and get before next season, I keep getting drawn to the Alphas 103L. My justification logic is, I already have a Sol, so I should get something a little different as my second baitcaster. Does anyone know how this reels compares to the Sol as far as size goes??? It looks like a lighter version of the Sol to me, but I would like to know more about it if possible. TIA.

Exact frame as Sol.

One ounce lighter than the Sol.

Has corrosion resistant ball bearings.

Has cool paint job, flip flop bronze and purple.   8-)

If you are not fishing in salt water, the Alpha Type F is even lighter and has bearings on the knobs. The 3 of them have very similar performance.

I liked the type-F too, but it doesn't have the fancy paint job. ;D  The handle bearings are not much of an issue as I have set my sights on getting an offset/swept handle on the reels.

I'm pretty much sold on a Pixy for my 721C, but I'm still in the "window shopping" phase of another reel. I will keep the Type-F on the short list too. Thanks.

I'm pretty much sold on a Pixy for my 721C,

Oh my friend, you didn't mention that part, that will be dream combo. The is nothing like the Pixy for finesse baitcasting.

Got the Alpjas Type F

Got the Alphas Itö

Got 3 2005 Pixys

The Alphas has a more powerful drag but casting a weightless fluke into the next zip code is something better done with the Pixy.

Pfluemis,

I have a new Alphas Type F in the box.  Bought it but don't really have a need for it and haven't taken the time to list it on the Flea Market Section yet. PM me if interested.

FD