Sign in to follow this  
MFD_Firefighter661

NEED ROD HELP!!!!!

To make a long story short.  My grandpa lost his favorite rod and reel in the Cumberland River several years ago.  He has yet to find a replacement for the rod due to it being discontinued.  This year for Christmas I am trying to find him one.  I have located the reel but no luck on the rod.  I am looking for a Conolon 2218-a casting rod 6' med action/fast taper with the short handle. Does anyone know where I can find one or does anyone know where I can have someone custom build one to spec as close as possible to this rod.  any help appreciated and thanks in advance.

Guest muddy

Wlm_mart here has 3 Conolons on clearance for 21 bucks, reduced from 49! Two 7 ft' med heavy and one 6' med heavy

I agree with the EBAY recommendation. I just ran a quick search on CONOLON and there was a whole page full of those rods for sale. I'm sure the exact one you're looking for will show up sooner or later. Best to check a couple of times a day since people are continually adding stuff, especially this time of year. GOOD LUCK and might I add that what you're doing for your Grandfather is GREAT!!! IMO:o)

I have tried the ebay way and in the last month I have only found one possibility which I am bidding on now just for a chance it being the right one.  Anyone know anyone that may have one of these for sale or some one that can build one like it for me?  Thank you all for the input.

MFD_Firefighter661,

That blank is a Abu Garcia blank, and as far as I know they do not sell blanks to rod builders. I would recommend contacting Garcia (Pure Fishing) direct and asking if the rod is still made, and where it might still be available.

You can basic google search all you want using the string for Conolon 2218 you will not find it. I have tried every search string using those words and nothing. The Ebay site with all of the old Garcia Conolon's does not have the 2218 in their listing.

Just my rod builders .02¢

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!