Sign in to follow this  
Tpayneful

How many ML, M, MH trigger rods do you think is good?

I have 5 baitcast reels, 2 5.4:1, 2 6.3:1 and 1 7:1.  Right now I have the following setups:

5.4:1 on a 7' ML IM6 Allstar (small crankbaits) Mono

5.4:1 on a 7' M IM6 BPS crankin stick (medium - large crankbaits) Mono

6.3:1 on a 7' M IM6 Diawa light & tough (spinnerbait - chatterbait) Fluoro

6.3:1 on a 6' 6" M BPS IM7 (Worm & Jig) Fluro

7:1 on a 7" MH BPS Extreme (Frog, Jig, Swimbait) Braid

I have the feeling that I really should buy another MH rod to switch out the Jig & Worm rod on occasion or permanently.  What would you do?  What configuration would you have with those 5 reels?

Definatley go to another MH for the jig, worms, and t-rigs. Medium action rods can be used to do just about anything.

Tin,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am going to need to scroung up cash for another rod

I just spent a few minutes casting my new Johnny Morris signature reel in the back yard and :) WOW that reel is sweet!  I couldn't get it to backlash on a cast.  I had the magnetic backlash control set to zero and it still cast perfectly.  I had two pins set on the centrifigal control.  I think I am going to go broke on rods and reels now :-/

I'd switch the frog rod to a worm jig, I'd get a different spinnerbait rod IMO.  You might want to look into an SBR type rod.  Allstar makes a 6'9" in either the classic, TAS or Platinum series and many other manufacturers do as well. Most all are M/H Power rating.  That's if you throw a lot of 3/8-1/2 oz spinnerbaits around cover.  

Need ??????? I eliminated that word from my fishing dictionary long time ago......Now I call it collection Give me peace of mind. :)

You NEED enough rigs to be prepared for any situation that may come up...That's what I tell my wife ;D

You NEED enough rigs to be prepared for any situation that may come up...That's what I tell my wife ;D

My wife calls them my "Fish Clubs" because i used the analogy that you need different rods for different situations and that you dont send Tiger Woods out on the golf course with only one club, He's got a whole bag full plus someone to carry them!  So, when i get my boat- its my "caddy"