Sign in to follow this  
cdabelow

Vicious Line

Is anyone using Vicious Line?  I picked up a spool the other day.  The lady behind the counter told me that it is still 100% American made.  I wanted to give it a try.  Since we got more snow today I still havent had a chance to try it.  Thanks!!

yeah,don't care for it much.Doesn't seem to be too abrasive resistance for me...I've had my line split like banana peel 20 feets up from the hook or lure.Not sure why. Least i tried it...some people love it,so i guess you just have to try it for the season and see how it works out for you.

I love the stuff! I used it all last season and had my best tournament season yet.  As long as you spray Blakemore Reel Magic or similar product on it you won't have many problems with it. :)

I've used it and havent had any probelms with it. In both 20 lbs and smaller line tests. the line splitting seems to happen to me whenever i use heavy fluro no matter what company luckily only when iam messing around with it at home

I originally spooled some 12# on my Alphas and  tried fishing with a 1/4 oz shaky head with bad results (short casting distance and backlash). I then spooled it on my Chronarch and used it with 1/2 oz CR and the stuff works great. Conclusion is the line is more stiff than the softer flourocarbon lines and throwing smaller weighted lures is difficult. With heavier lures it seems to excel as the stiffness factor does not set in and for the price is a bargain.

T

I have been using it a couple of months and so far really like it.  I do use the KVD Line & Lure on all my Mono and Fluoro and it really helps tame the memory, much better than my experiences with Reel Magic.