Sign in to follow this  
skillet

Co-poly

I was under the impression that all co-polys would sink. Just found out from RW that Yo-zuri floats. Anyway, for those of you that use co-poly does it affect top-water lures. I don't see how the sink rate would enter into the situation with anyother lure :-/...

As Ever,

skillet

I use Trilene Sensation, which is Berkely's co-polomer, it floats and I use for top waters. It is more abbrasion resistant than XL, but not as stiff as XT, has less stretch than both, and as a result is more sensitive.

Yes, Co-poly floats. There are a few setups that I wouldn't want to use it on though. Senkos and Dropshot come to mind. These two presentations require a sinking line like fluorocarbon. A floating line can have a negative effect on the action of a senko and it will make working a dropshot rig on slack line almost impossible. Co-poly is excellent for topwater and any rig where you aren't working it on slack line. A little trick to keep you topwater working at it's best is to get a little paraffin wax and coat four feet of the line in front of your lure.

Thanks guys for helping a dummy out :P. I was under the wrong idea, thinking that it would sink :-[...

As Ever,

skillet