Sign in to follow this  
bass slayer 17

cabelas or bass pro shop

this weekend im going to cabelas and basspro shop and was wondering what kind of rod combo i should buy for finesse fishing and where should i buy it from. any favorite rod combos you have

this weekend im going to cabelas and basspro shop and was wondering what kind of rod combo i should buy for finesse fishing and where should i buy it from. any favorite rod combos you have

1) How much do you want to spend?

2) Are you stuck on spinning or baitcasters or with either work? Spinning is probably a better set up, but either can work.

3) If your not buying a house brand product, and your planning on paying retail, then I suggest looking at Cabelas and BPS, then buy from your local shop.

im looking to buy a spinning combo between 70 to 100  bucks. im not sure if i should get a house brand or not. also what brand of flourocarbon would you put on it. any info would be great

im looking to buy a spinning combo between 70 to 100 bucks. im not sure if i should get a house brand or not. also what brand of flourocarbon would you put on it. any info would be great

I'm not one to spool up Fluorocarbon, but a lot of people have nice things to say about Sensation line.

In that price range, a store combo might be the best bang for the buck. Sometimes they will have reels on special where you buy a certain brand or type of reel, and they throw in a decent house brand rod cheap. May want to ask about those deals too.

Cabela's has a TT IM7 rod/Pflueger President 6730 combo that looks pretty nice.

If you can wait to the end of Feb. Bass Pro has there Spring Classic at all the stores and you can get a deal then because they have alot of sales at that time! :) :) :)

Eyeddabassman is correct.

Can you hold off until the BPS sale?

They will have some excellent deals on combos.